Long regarded as the unofficial “Bible” of the gun industry, the Big Book is famous for its amazing selection of thousands of the best gunsmithing tools and products, and its large, horizontal format.
Some lucky gunsmith will see a photograph of himself and his shop splashed across the 12″ x 9″ cover of Big Book #70, which will be distributed to gunsmiths and dedicated hobbyists across the United States and around the world.
Contestants can enter for their chance to grace the cover of Big Book #70 two different ways. They can email their best photos of their gunsmith shop or work area to Contests@Brownells.com, or post the photos on social media and use the hashtag #BB70.
The photo contest begins immediately and Brownells will accept submissions through March 31. In addition to being on the cover of Big Book #70, the winner will also receive a Brownells gift card worth $500.
“We’re proud of supporting gunsmiths for 78 years,” said Brownells Chairman of the Board Frank Brownell. “We wanted to do something special for Big Book #70, and thought this would be a fun way to show how much we appreciate all the fine folks out there working in such an honorable profession. We hope that these dedicated pros show the same passion and creativity in their photos that they do in their gunsmithing work.”
Contestants who submit photos via email will need to include the following information with the picture:
- Name of shop or business
- Contact phone number
Brownells will individually contact those who post cover-worthy photos via social media.
Brownells and Smith & Wesson have collaborated to create a highly-customized, America-themed version of the Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 pistol.
Designed to show off each company’s strength – the legendary firearms built by Smith & Wesson, and the extensive selection of firearm accessories from Brownells – The All American Dream Gun boasts the very best in American firearm innovation and creativity.
Using the newly-released Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 4.25” pistol chambered in 9mm as the canvas, the experts at Brownells sought to customize four areas of the firearm: trigger, sights, silence and patriotic style.
Because the M&P M2.0 pistol features a new and improved trigger, the mechanism itself was left alone. Brownells built upon those improvements by simply replacing the trigger shoe with an Apex Tactical Specialties AEK trigger to aid in consistent trigger pull.
Brownells wanted to help shooters make the most of the M&P M2.0 pistol’s improved trigger and enhanced grip texture by adding a sighting system conducive to fast target acquisition. To accomplish this, Brownells adapted the slide to accept a Trijicon RMR LED sight with a 6.5 MOA red dot. Continue reading
Learn about the hottest new Brownells products from the best brands from Merchandise Manager Paul Levy.
- Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 2 – High-powered weaponlight comes with Picatinny rail mount, push-button tail switch, remote pressure switch and mounting hardware. Runs on two CR123A lithium batteries, included. Beam can be switched from a blinding 625 lumens down to only 60 lumens for maximum runtime. User can choose between momentary- and constant-on modes. Also has a strobe function that can disorient a threat.
- Magpul QD Paraclip Adapter – Steel adapter fits into QD swivel sockets and allows use of slings with Paraclips and other clip-in-style attachments. Eliminates need to buy a whole new sling. Tough Melonite coating resists wear and corrosion.
- TangoDown Vickers Tactical Magazine Extension For Glock 43 – Durable polymer magazine extension replaces factory Glock 43 magazine floorplate and adds 2 rounds capacity. Extension has outer covering specially shaped to enhance the firing grip. Comes with proper-length stainless steel spring for reliable feeding.
- Hornady Rapid Rack – Empty-chamber indicator also works as a load-assist device to allow storage of a firearm with an empty chamber, but a full magazine. Cartridge-shaped portion of the Rapid Rack inserts into an empty chamber, while red handle portion sticks out, indicating unloaded and safe. Firearm can be instantly loaded by grasping the handle and pulling sharply to the rear. Rapid Rack will fall out and next live round in the magazine will be charged. Available for AR-15, AR-Style .308 firearms, and certain 12 gauge shotguns.
Brownells 1911 Catalog & Wilson Combat Sweepstakes Headline 1911 Week
For firearm enthusiasts, few things spark pride, passion and patriotism more than a 1911, be it finely polished or marked and marred by experience. To pay homage to John Moses Browning’s timeless pistol design, Brownells is committing an entire week to “America’s Handgun.”
Starting on Monday, March 28, 2016, Brownells’ dedicated 1911 catalog – No. 12 – will be available in the catalog section at Brownells.com.
The newest edition is an 82-page, all-things-1911 book featuring thousands of products from sights and optics, to ammunition, slides, frames, gunsmithing tools and much more. Virtually anything needed to build, customize, clean or repair a 1911 can easily be found with a quick scroll through the index.
Featured brands in this year’s catalog include: STI, Wilson Combat, Evolution Gun Works (EGW), Raven Concealment, Leupold and hundreds more.
In addition to the catalog, Brownells will kick off “1911 Week” with the Brownells/Wilson Combat 1911 Dream Gun Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes will feature a Wilson Combat 1911 CQB Commander model, chambered in .45 ACP. This incredible firearm is valued at $3,600.
Customers may enter the sweepstakes, view the firearm, and see full contest rules at Brownells.com/WilsonCombat1911. The sweepstakes end on April 17, 2016.
“The 1911 is certainly one of America’s most treasured firearm platforms,” said Brownells’ President Matt Buckingham. “To coincide with the release of our newest 1911 catalog, we wanted to get customers excited by running a sweepstakes for a Brownells/Wilson Combat Dream Gun. Wilson Combat has been a great partner over the years; I’m positive someone will be thrilled to win this great firearm.”
Rounding out Brownells 1911 Week will be special offers and deals on 1911-related products. Customers should stay tuned to Brownells.com all week for specifics.
Brownells Product Manager Paul Levy introduces new items available this week.
- Howa Barreled Actions – Available in a wide range of calibers and barrel profiles, complete actions include 2-stage trigger, internal magazine and bolt, and are ready to drop into a compatible stock, sold separately. Actions are drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and come in Blue or Cerakote Gray finish in Short, Long and Mini sizes. FFL required.
- Battle Arms AR-15 Titanium Gas Block – Gas block fits barrels that are .750″ in diameter and gives very low profile combined with ultra-lightweight titanium construction. Helps keep an AR-15 rifle or carbine fast and maneuverable, and fits underneath almost any handguard.
- Streamlight TLR-1 HL – Popular weaponlight is now available in new colors to match firearms with Flat Dark Earth or Brown finishes. Fits onto Picatinny or Universal rails and gives up to 630 lumens of brilliant white light. Runs on two CR 123 lithium batteries and has intuitive, ambidextrous controls for momentary- and constant-on.
Paul Levy, Brownells product manager, introduces some new holsters available this week.
Eidolon Glock 19/26 RH 1.5 OverHook Struts Holster – At the core of the Eidolon is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is smooth on the outside to work in conjunction with the body, belt, and clothing -in nearly any carry position- to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time, the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the holster for their specific carry needs.
Phantom Glock 17/22/31 Full Shield, RH Holster – The Phantom was designed from the outset to provide the highest possible level of concealment by being adaptable to wear with virtually any style of clothing. What makes the Phantom so unique is its ultra-thin, body-hugging pancake profile. This profile, in conjunction with the Eclipse Modular Mounting System, allows the Phantom to be worn either on the belt or inside the waistband. Pancake-style design minimizes bulk and distribute the weight of the firearm over a wider area on the belt.
Phantom Light Glock w/X300U Full Shield Black RH Holster – Light Compatible models now allow you to comfortably carry and conceal your weapon with a light mounted to the accessory rail. No more fumbling with a tertiary light, or carrying a rail mounted light with the vain hope of mounting it during a stressful moment. Your light is on the gun and instantly usable when seconds count.
VanGuard M&P Shield, Black Holster – Originally envisioned by Shay VanVlymen of Mindset Laboratory, the Vanguard is a simple, effective concealment tool. It covers only the trigger guard of the weapon, providing a safe way to store or carry a loaded pistol in situations where a traditional holster is not practical. It comes with a length of paracord that acts as a static line to deploy the weapon. Just tie it off to a solid anchor point, and a sharp tug will cause the Vanguard to pop free and leave your weapon ready to fire.