Personal Defense Network (PDN) has teamed up with CrossBreed Holsters, Springfield Armory, Cannon Safes, Gun Talk Media, Crimson Trace, Action Target, Propper International, Recoil Magazine, and Hexmag to give away $9,500 worth of merchandise to one lucky winner.
The contest, which started February 17 and runs through March 26, can be entered through CrossBreed’s website: www.CrossBreedholsters.com. Each entry has a chance to enter up to 53 times by liking and sharing on social media. See CrossBreed Holsters’ website for complete details.
The winning package includes:
- Cannon Safe – 5940 64 Gun Safe
- Springfield Armory – EMP with Concealed Carry Contour Grip⠀
- Propper – Apparel and Gear Pack⠀
- CrossBreed Holsters, LLC – Holsters Crossover Belt, Reversible Nylon Belt, SuperTuck Holster, Bedside Backup, Gideon Mag Carrier Pack, and ARK Bag 5 Pack
- Crimson Trace – Rail Master Universal Light
- Freedom Munitions (Official) – 1,000 Rounds of 9mm 135gr ProMatch Ammo⠀
- Hexmag – 12 Pack AR15 Mags with All Accessories Range Pack⠀
- Springfield Armory – Saint Rifle Sponsored By Hexmag
- American Trigger Corp – AR Gold Adjustable Flat Trigger
- Freedom Munitions (Official) – 1,000 Rounds of 223 55gr FMJ Ammo
- Crimson Trace – LiNQ System
- Action Target – 45 Degree Static Target⠀
- Action Target – PT Dueling Tree HD
- PACT Inc. – Club Timer III⠀
- Gun Talk – Knowledge Vault Prize Pack
- Personal Defense Network – One Year Gold Membership & 11 DVD Bundle
The Wait is Over: Oh, Good – Another AR-15 on the Market!
Springfield Armory has been teasing and building hype for their new SAINT product for a while now with their “Defend Your Legacy” campaign and, yesterday, they revealed what it is. It’s an AR15. Try to contain your excitement.
If you think that releasing yet another version of a rifle that will be celebrating its 60th birthday next year is not exactly a game changing event worthy of all the hype… well, we probably won’t argue with you. To be sure, the SAINT is a nice enough rifle, but is it really “the ultimate refinement of the AR-15 form” that they claim it to be thanks to its “relentless execution of core features?”
The SAINT features a flat top upper receiver that is ready for your optics and includes a Springfield-branded flip-up rear BUIS (rumored to be a UTG Pro) but, curiously, they opted for a fixed front sight to which the handguards are anchored instead free-floating the A2 birdcage-equipped 16″ 1:8 CMV barrel inside of full-length rail system. Do you know what you do get though? KeyMod. The twelve people who like KeyMod, and the three companies who make native KeyMod accessories, will be very happy about that.
Speaking of the small handful of companies who make KeyMod accessories, other than the fact that it is KeyMod (and that it is load bearing against the front sight), the handguard is probably alright, considering that it is made by Bravo Company. However, a far cry from their Alpha handguards, the exclusive PKMT handguard looks a lot like a KeyMod version of the basic Magpul MOE-SL handguards, BCM also makes the included Gunfighter Stock and the Mod 3 Gunfighter Grip that round out the furniture department. Continue reading